The Board of Trustees has called the 183rd Annual Meeting of the congregation to be held in the Sanctuary at 11:30 am, Sunday, May 20, 2018. in case all business cannot be concluded by 1:00 pm on May 20, the Board has also set the time and date for a second session at 11:30 am on Sunday, June 3, in the Sanctuary. If it is needed, the second session will be a continuation of the Annual Meeting, not a separate special meeting.
All members and friends are encouraged to attend the Annual Meeting. All who have been members for at least 90 days are entitled to vote if they have either contributed at least $50 of record (in other words, not anonymously) during the 12 months preceding May 20 or requested and received a reduction or waiver of the financial requirement from one of our Senior Co-Ministers.
The agenda will include voting on the following matters:
- Elections (see the report of our Nominating Committee, sent separately last month)
- Adoption of the 2018-2019 budget (proposed by the Board of Trustees)
- Selection of the 2018-2019 recipients of our Give Away the Basket program (nominated by members of the congregation)
- Election of delegates to the Unitarian Universalist Assembly (UUA) 2018 General Assembly, June 20-24, 2018, Kansas City, MO, and to the Annual Business Meeting of the MidAmerica Region of the UUA, June 20, also in Kansas City
- Adoption of bylaw revisions affecting the date of future annual meetings and the content of the article concerning councils, committees, and other organizations; see below. Click here for Bylaws with Pending Amendments.
Opportunities to learn more about the budget and about the nominees for Give Away the Basket will occur after the service on May 6. A hearing on the proposed bylaw amendments took place after the service on March 31.
As a reminder: If you lead a council, committee, task force, team, or other group in the congregation, please submit your report on its work and activities during 2017-2018 to Michael Knowles, our Director of Operations, at email@example.com.