Recipient Organizations must generally meet the following criteria:
- 501(c)(3) status.
- Can demonstrate fiscal responsibility and accountability (could provide annual reports, audited financial statements, etc. if requested).
- Operates with annual budget of less than $500,000.
- Organizations whose work contributes in some way to a more just, equitable, and compassionate community, in alignment with our mission and UU principles. This church has preferred to support local South Side and Chicago organizations.
- Recipients cannot be political parties or candidates for office.
- Recipients are independent of the church or other UU organizations.
- Repeat gifts: an organization shall receive only one allocation from the church every two years, (exceptions to be made by board under unique circumstances).
- Senior ministers retain discretion to postpone a collection or reduce the number of Sundays designated to accommodate unexpected needs (e.g. large-scale disasters)
- Nominations can be made at any time, by any member of the congregation by completing a nomination form and obtaining seven members’ signatures in support. You can fill out the form online HERE or find a paper copy at church. Please give completed hard copy forms to Rev. Jason.
- All nominations received by May 5th that meet the selection criteria, will go before a congregational vote at the annual meeting.
- Each voting member will get to vote for four organizations.
Deadline: May 5th