Jim Allen, Communications Director for the Chicago Board of Elections has provided us voter information for the upcoming national and local elections.
Early Voting Option prior to November 3rd – Here’s an option for people who feel unsafe about voting in person, but now fear the USPS will be unable to deliver a “mail-in” ballot in a timely fashion:
- Apply on line now for a mail-in ballot at ChicagoElections.gov/votebymail
- Starting on October 14 there will be Secured Drop Boxes at all Early Voting locations.
- After you fill in your ballot you should sign and seal the envelope.
- You can then bring it to the Early Voting site.
- If you applied online to Vote By Mail, you’ll later get an email confirming your ballot has been received. At a later time you will be informed that it has been accepted and notified if there are any problems.
- The ballots at Early Voting sites are transported (under chain of custody protocol) to the Board of Elections facility.
- List of locations and hours for Early Voting will be available in September at ChicagoElections.gov/EarlyVoting
POLL WORKERS NEEDED – Illinois has lowered the minimum age to be an Election Judge to 16 years old. Do you know someone who would like the experience and get paid? Have them sign up at chipollworker.com They need more Judges and other workers. For a complete list of openings: ChicagoElections.gov/Jobs