Building a New Way
After a wonderful kickoff event on June 10, First U’s capital campaign is underway! Led by co-chairs Lisa Christensen Gee and Jim Proctor, our congregation aims to raise at least $1 million to fund key building improvements that support the church’s mission and programs, while reducing our carbon footprint.
- Improve the accessibility, efficiency, and aesthetics of our facilities
- Ensure the structural integrity of the Sanctuary for future generations
- Improve the experience and comfort of those who gather with us by ensuring proper climate control
- Reduce our carbon footprint by decreasing our use of non-renewable energy sources
Primary Capital Projects
- Renovations and expansions to Chris Moore Parlor, Aki’s Place, the kitchen, nursery, and restrooms for flexibility, utility, and appeal. Scroll down for a sneak peek!
- Energy conservation improvements for the Sanctuary and Pennington Center, including energy-efficient windows and zoned heating
- Structural and aesthetic improvements in the Sanctuary, Hull Chapel, and Parish House, to improve lighting and restore damaged stone and weakened mortar joints
- Accessibility link between the Sanctuary and Pennington Center, and accessible restrooms
How to Support the Capital Campaign
- Campaign volunteers will meet with all members and friends over five phases starting in June. The goal is 100 percent participation!
- Campaign gifts are 3, 5, or 10 times your Annual Fund pledge
- Gifts can take many forms and are paid over two or three years
- Also plan to increase your Annual Fund pledge by 3 percent over 2017-2018 levels
- But prior to your meeting, please simply continue to continue your 2017-2018 level of support as the new fiscal year begins