182nd Annual Meeting of First Unitarian
05/21/2017 Sunday 11:30 am
The Board of Trustees has called the 182nd Annual Meeting of the congregation to be held in the Sanctuary at 11:30 a.m., Sunday, May 21, 2017.
All members and friends are encouraged to attend. All who have been members for at least 90 days are entitled to vote if they have either contributed at least $50 of record (in other words, not anonymously) during the 12 months preceding May 21 or requested and received a waiver of the financial requirement from one of our Senior Co-Ministers.
The agenda will include voting on the following matters:
- Elections – Click here to see the report of our Nominating Committee.
- Adoption of the 2017–2018 budget (proposed by our Board of Trustees)
- Selecting the 2017–2018 recipients of our Give Away the Plate program (nominated by members of the congregation) Click here to see nominating information and form
- Two prospective affiliations, with the Community Renewal Society and with Chicago New Sanctuary Coalition (both endorsed by our Social Justice Council)
- Instructing our delegates to the 2017 General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association not to vote in favor of immediately adopting an Eighth Principle (proposed by the Denominational Affairs Task Force of our Social Justice Council)
- Adopting bylaw revisions involving the congregation’s financial life, mainly by clarifying and simplifying Article X: Fiscal Affairs (proposed by our Board of Trustees; see accompanying file, or click here to see Bylaws with Pending Amendments)
Opportunities to learn more about these matters will occur after church on April 30 (budget), May 7 (Give Away the Plate), and May 14 (affiliations, instruct delegates, bylaws).
Also on the agenda: reports (mainly in writing), recognitions, and the presentation by the Racial Justice Task Force of our Social Justice Council of its annual Multiracial Unity award.
Everyone leading a council, committee, task force, team, or other group in the congregation is encouraged to provide a report on 2016–2017 no later than May 5. I encourage you to use the attached word Annual Report form for your report, but you may use other formats. Send reports as digital files to Michael Knowles, our Director of Operations, at email@example.com.