Lifespan Religious Education
Children and Youth Programming for June 4, 2023
Multigenerational Flower Communion Service
• Young people can take on important roles in our flower communion service, no rehearsal needed. To help ensure your child can have a role, arrive before 10:00 a.m..
• The Lifespan Religious Education Celebration (in place of a Time for All Ages) will honor the teachers who have worked with our young people – and introduce a new one! There will be opportunity for OWL participants to come forward to celebrate their completion of the program, and opportunity for volunteers and participants in all programs to stand and be recognized.
• Nursery care will be available 9:45 – 11:30 a.m.
Spirit Space and nursery care will continue each Sunday through the summer. Our theme for the month of June will be delight.
Early Childhood Caregiver
Religious Educator (Middle Grades Specialist)
Our Whole Lives: Volunteer Opportunity in Comprehensive Sexuality Education
Our Whole Lives is a comprehensive sexuality education curriculum and a signature program of the UUA. First U is currently partnering with other local churches to offer the Grades 7-9 and Grades 10-12 curricula.
For the 2023-2024 program year, we’d like to offer one or more OWL programs here at First U, and we need trusted adults ready to guide our children in these sensitive and life-changing conversations. Curricula are available across the lifespan, from kindergarten through older adults. If you are interested in leading a program with any age group, please contact Elizabeth to set up a conversation about joining our facilitation team.
Becoming an OWL facilitator comes with valuable training opportunities, the chance to get to know members of our community and leverage or develop your facilitation skills, and the knowledge that you are ensuring access to life-changing comprehensive sexuality education.
About Religious Education at 1st U
Choosing your child’s religious education program is an important decision, just as important as choosing your own religious home.
If you are searching for an open and affirming community in which your child can grow in spirit and in love, you have found the right place! This is not your typical Sunday School. Unitarian Universalists believe there is no single answer to religious questions. We encourage our children and youth to discover what gives meaning to their lives through age-appropriate sessions that that recognize individual styles and needs.
Sunday morning youth programs run concurrently or directly after our worship services. We offer…
- An environment that is safe, nurturing, and fun.
- A place for children and youth to wonder, ask questions, and discover their own unique spiritual nature.
- A program that focuses on personal spiritual growth, open faith exploration, and living values in the larger world.
- A diverse and multi-age community.
- A meaningful, age-appropriate worship time in each service for children and youth.
- Exploration of themes such as Unitarian Universalist identity, world religions, Jewish and Christian heritage, social justice, and more.
- Special events that serve to bring our all-ages community together and enhance the experience of every child, youth, and adult.